Thursday, January 29, 2015

The 63,000 word curse


I have finally gotten past 63,000 words on my current work in progress. I thought that the hard part was the halfway point on closer to two-thirds. I am fairly sure that I can finish it out in about 30,000 words but sometimes things get away from you. The plot of my work is about a mage and a monk trying to stop a hungry ghost from coming back and ruling the world. The thing that I think that makes my story different is the dialog between my characters. Maddox is really mouthy. He does more the plot but sometimes I could kill him. I really wanted to kill him at several points in the story. Rilia is so easy. She is a very straight forward character. She wants to do what the plot needs. But she has to put up with Maddox. I feel bad about that sometimes but she can handle him better than I can. She has not threatened to kill him.

No comments:

Post a Comment