Monday, May 21, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo

So it's not enough for me to being trying to finish grad school or my first novel for publishing or having health problems but I have decided to do Camp NaNoWriMo for both June and August. Sometimes I think that Lupus is not only in my intestines  but my brain. If you don't know what NaNowriMo is google it. I have done it and I loved it. I learned so much about myself. Like I need a deadline. Before I did NaNo I had not written a word other than for class and that writing was subpar. But then NaNo happened and I was a writing machine. I loved it. So I have decided to do it again this summer. Both times. The only thing that it different is that I'm planning out my novel this time. I have chapter outlines, a plot, and characters already. I'm not just winging it this time. So I'm hoping that when I'm done it is not crap this time. It is one of my hard science fiction stories that I want to write out and I'm going to do it this August. I just had a brilliant idea about June's story. I think that I'll do a chapbook about the setting which is my sci-fi setting. Just 2000 words a day to get to know my big setting by big I mean it is a universe. The reason I have it so big is so that I can do just about everything I could want in it but not have to world build every time I want to write a new sci-fi story. I have a story to start with that I think will get me about 2 days to write out because I have it planned out for about 4000 words but I'm willing to do more if the story needs it. The chapbook thing has worked out for me before because I did that for my fantasy novel that I'm trying to finish (only about 47000 more words it's in the bag). I really enjoyed having only so many words to express a story in, so that the characters have to do all the hard work, plot comes second. Write you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment