Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Inspiration

Well I have not written anything other stuff for class, this blog, and my book review blog, all term. Part of the problem is lack of time. What with grad school, the internship, job hunting(because I do not have one), and dealing with lupus, real life is a little busy. But I think that the bigger issue is that I have not been inspired to write in so long. It makes me feel so bad because I think that 'real' artists or writers or whatever you want to call them do not need to have outside inspiration. Now I say that but every artist I know does work better with inspiration. But I have a voice in the back of my head that says if I was a 'real' writer(whatever that is) I would not need to be inspired to write. I could just sat at the my keyboard and go. What makes this worse for me is that I do not think this about other people. When the other artists in my life feel like that they are uninspired I do not think less of them. I think that they are just having a hard time of it. I would like to know it is a big deal for me but not for others.

Now for what inspires me. I think that I am like all other artists in that everything inspires me. Art, other writing, tv shows, music, and just about everything else in the world. I have watched the sunset and had a beautiful story born in my mind. The strongest inspiration for me is emotions. This week had some bad news, nothing that is going to end my life but bad nonetheless, and suddenly I had so much to write about. I had words and feelings and plot coming out of my ears. I had forgotten what it felt like to be inspired. I missed that feeling. Because of life I was not able to write at that time. I am okay with that because I want to try an experiment. I want to see if I can pull up my inspiration by thinking about those feelings later. But not anytime soon. I have three major projects that I need to finish first. So much work and never enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment