Monday, July 2, 2012

Just a quick note

Well I'm in between classes until Thursday and I don't start my new job until next week so I'm hoping to get some writing and some reading done. I have not written anything on my novel for about two weeks and I'm feeling bad about that. But I was in very research intensive course with my June class. The class was basically how to be a research librarian. Not bad but man now I understand why every librarian I ever asked for help from loved me. We were given real questions that either the professor who was teaching the class or what the other professors had really been asked over the course of the years as librarians. For example one question was this- A GTA comes to you with this problem. Her professor is writing an article and wants to use a particular reference. But neither the GTA or the professor know the title of the article, who wrote, if it was published in a scholarly journal or in a trade journal. They think that they know what publishing house published the articles but they are not sure about that. The GTA does have a quote from the article but it may or may not be right. That was really one of my questions that I had to answer. I would never ever have walked up to a librarian with that question. I facepalmed when I finished reading it. I was able to find the article but man it was a pain in the a$$ mostly mine but a pain none the less. Don't feel too bad for me but pity my partner because he got to hear all about it, with full adjectives and very colorfully. He's a great guy with much patience.  Well see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment